Do you have what it takes?
We’re searching the country for female artists, ages 14-25, representing pop, hip hop, jazz, soca, r&b, gospel, rock, dancehall, blues, alternative, opera, country – all styles of music.
Sat June 3/17
783 College St
Admission is $10 for everyone – spectators and artists.
We STRONGLY suggest you arrive by 1:00pm to register as there are a limited number of audition spots.
Artists outside of Ontario:
If you are unable to attend the live auditions fill out submission form.
Live Audition Deets:
- For those coming to the Live auditions in Toronto on Saturday, June 3, 2017 at Revival. Please bring a one page bio with photo which should include your age, address, email, whether or not you have a manager and, if so, his/her contact info, how long you have been performing, places you have performed in the past, and any upcoming gigs, websites, etc.
- If you are auditioning to track, your Background music can be on iphone, flash drive or CD. If CD the track you are using should be the first one. Whatever device should also be cued and labelled with your name.
- You can also perform with minimal accompaniment, i.e. guitar and/or keyboard, but not a full band. You can have a band at the concert if you are chosen.
- You can do an original song or a cover, but this is not Karaoke so if you do a cover you should bring your own style to it.
- In terms of the audition procedure, you do not need to make an appointment. You will be given a number when you arrive and will audition when that number is called. Each auditionee only has approximately 1 minute to perform.
- Please audition with the same material you would do at the showcase if chosen.
- The concert takes place Thursday August 24 at the Mod Club in Toronto, so please make sure you are available on that day before you audition.
- Only artists chosen for the show will be contacted by July 1.
All 2017 artists will receive the following:
- attend a free music industry workshop at Harris Institute
- receive one-on-one vocal and performance coaching from celebrity coach Elaine Overholt of Big Voice Studios
- have their original songs played on Radio
- promotion on Honeyjam.com for 1 year
- participate in a mentor cafe
- participate in a presentation and tour of the youtube/Google offices
- attend a presentation and tour of the Junos/Caras/Music Cares Office
Some artists will be chosen to receive these additional opportunities:
- $6500 in equipment from Yamaha Canada
- attend Canada’s Walk of Fame Awards
- a chance to travel to and perform in Barbados
- song demo sessions at Slaight Music Studios
- the opportunity to take part in the Artist Entrepreneur program offered by Canada’s Music Incubator (CMI) at CoalitionMusic. It is a 10-week professional
- development program that delivers high-level, customized music industry mentorship for emerging artists of all genres.
- perform at the CNE
- perform at Canada 150 celebrations Canada Day Weekend