Do you have what it takes?
We’re searching the country for female artists, ages 14-25, representing pop, hip hop, jazz, soca, r&b, gospel, rock, dancehall, blues, alternative, opera, country – all styles of music.
Sat June 4/16
783 College St
Admission is $10 for everyone – spectators and artists.
We STRONGLY suggest you arrive by 1:00pm to register as there are a limited number of audition spots.
Artists outside of Ontario:
If you are unable to attend the live auditions fill out submission form.
What to bring:
1) One page bio with photo which should include your age, address, email, whether or not you have a manager and, if so, his/her contact info, how long you have been performing, places you have performed in the past, and any upcoming gigs, websites, etc.
2) Background music on CD. The track you are using should be the only thing on the CD, which should also be cued and labelled with your name.
- You can also perform with minimal accompaniment, i.e. guitar and/or keyboard, but not a full band. You can have a band at the showcase if you are chosen.
- Please note, we will not be auditioning dancers or spoken word artists.
- You can do an original song or a cover, but this is not Karaoke so if you do a cover you should bring your own style to it.
- In terms of the audition procedure, you do not need to make an appointment. You will be given a number when you arrive and will audition when that number is called. Each auditionee only has approximately 1 minute to perform.
- Please audition with the same material you would do at the showcase if chosen.
- The final showcase takes place Thursday August 11 in Toronto, so please make sure you are available on that day before you audition.
- Only artists chosen for the show will be contacted by July 1, 2016
All of the artists chosen to perform this year will:
- attend a free music industry workshop at Harris Institute
- receive one-on-one vocal and performance coaching from celebrity coach Elaine Overholt of Big Voice Studios
- have their original songs played on Radio
- receive 1 hour A&R consultation time from Universal Music
One lucky artist will receive:
- demo sessions at Slaight Studios
- the opportunity to attend Canada’s Walk of Fame
- a Toronto-based Honey Jam artist, 18 years or older will be chosen to take part in the Artist Entrepreneur program offered by Canada’s Music Incubator (CMI) at Coalition Music. Artist Entrepreneur is a 10-week professional development program that delivers high-level, customized music industry mentorship for emerging artists of all genres. The successful artist will be chosen by a panel of CMI’s experienced mentors and members of the Honey Jam team. This opportunity is valued at $7,500. For more information about Canada’s Music Incubator and the Artist Entrepreneur program visit canadasmusicincubator.com
- the opportunity to perform in Barbados in November including flight and hotel costs! You’ll need to be available to travel and have a valid passport. Stay tuned for more details!